Assisting with Compliance
Every company approaches its duty to employees with the best intentions, but we recognise it’s not always easy to stay abreast of increasingly weighty obligations to monitor and control the working environment.
Nor do we underestimate the potential impact of failing to do so - whether through lack of knowledge or accidental oversight.
Employers have a legal duty to assess, prevent and control their employees’ exposure to risk and, as far as reasonably practicable, others likely to be affected by their work. But some risks aren’t immediately apparent, and the best solutions aren’t always the obvious ones.
We have scientifically trained specialists with the skills and experience to guide you through the complexities and dangers of managing situations where your employees may be at risk.
Whether that exposure is due to general day-to-day working conditions, or a one-off project (like a demolition or refurbishment), we can help you put in place the crucial measures to safeguard your people and give you peace of mind.
Following an initial on-site appraisal of your specific working conditions and processes, we can offer advice, guidance and solutions to ensure you are fully up-to-date with current requirements and responsibilities. And we can be there to support and advise you from the planning stage of a project through to completion.
Whatever your situation or working environment, our friendly experts can help you avoid the pitfalls of non-compliance, so you can rest assured that your company and your employees are equally well protected.
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH) as amended
We can help with all aspects of compliance with these complex regulations, including:
- Initial Workplace Appraisals & Basic Workplace Assessment Surveys (in accordance with HSG 173)
Measurement of environmental exposure against HSE Workplace Exposure Limits (WELs, EH40) for a comprehensive range of hazards, including:
- Airborne Aerosol (Dust) including Silica (Respirable and Total Inhalable)
- Airborne Microbiological Organisms such as yeasts and moulds
- Fumes generated during welding and soldering activities, etc.
- Organic Solvents, e.g isocyanates and VOCs when using hazardous substances such as polyurethane foam, paints, cleaning agents, setting resins, etc.
- Toxic and Flammable Gases
- COSHH Assessments
Appraisal of hazardous substances used within client specific working processes
- Water Sampling & Testing
Inclusive of legionella with full interpretation in line with HSG 274 Legionnaire’s disease.
- Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005
We can undertake occupational noise monitoring in line with regulatory controls.
- Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
We offer comprehensive services relating to asbestos identification and sampling, surveys, air monitoring, management plans and training.
- Control of Lead at Work Regulations 2002 as amended
Including sampling and analysis of existing paint coatings on site.