Contaminated Land (including track ballast)
The historical use of a location may increase the potential likelihood of contamination. Materials and substances such as asbestos, oils and tars, gases, chemical substances, PCB’s or metals found present may have the potential to cause harm or to pollute surface waters or groundwater.
We offer a full range of investigative services dealing with potential and/or confirmed land contamination.
- Desk top studies
- On-site surveying and sampling, both regular or periodic monitoring exercises
- Determination and quantification of a variety of contaminants such as asbestos, metals and PCBs
- Testing, analysis and identification of biological hazards
- Interpretation of results and recommendation of management solutions
- Classification of Hazardous and Non-Hazardous Waste
- Waste Acceptance Criteria (WAC)